Hello! Thank you for stumbling upon my blog. Click on my photos on the left to view my stories, comment, about me and view acknowledgements.
A moment spent alone doing something I enjoy
Thursday, 20 January 2011 @ 20:10
I relish the euphoric experience whenever I listen to music on my Iphone. Music brings out the sense of joy, happiness and freedom in me. I hope that I will be able to perform or at least be able to listen to music for the rest of my life, because without music, life would be incomplete.
The genre of music I listen to on a particular day largely depends on my mood. If I'm feeling happy or cheerful, I would choose a gleeful and uplifting song. One example is California Gurls by Katy Perry. The melodious chorus is very catchy and it expresses how California Girls are unforgettable.
As many will talk about Monday blues, I am no different. It is always regarded as the worst day of the week as there is are another five more days before the weekend commences. As such, in order to keep me going and ready to face the week, I would choose an upbeat song such as Last Friday Night as it reminds me of what I did last Friday.
If you're in a situation in which a song and its lyrics fits your feeling perfectly, you can really sing it with feeling. My love for music has grown throughout the past few years and continues to do so even today. Music is central to my life. Music can set the rhythm for a long day of work, the mood for a date, a party or even your whole life. Without music, the world would be naked, cold and quiet. It can wrap you like a blanket when you are down. Music is a vehicle for expressing love, telling a story, or even happiness.
I am really excited as one of my favorite singer/song writer, Stefani Joanne Angelina Germanotta, better known as Lady Gaga is releasing her new song, Born This Way on February 13. This is a great birthday gift from her as my birthday is just 5 days after her release date! Many people think she is simply crazy because of her outfits but I feel completely otherwise. She is just trying to prove a point that we are all born in different ways and no one is allowed to criticize one another. To end off this post, I would like to quote one sentence from her that leaves a very lasting impression in me.
'You have to be unique, and different, and shine in your own way'